3D Tours and Floor Plans (Part 2)
Welcome back to our blog series on the trends and reasons driving the popularity of 3D tours and floorplans in real estate. In our previous article, we discussed the value of 3D tours. Now, let’s turn our attention to another essential element: floor plans.
Surprisingly, studies reveal that 1 in 5 people completely disregard a listing without a floor plan. Floor plans provide a comprehensive understanding of the property’s layout, enabling potential buyers or renters to envision the flow and arrangement of rooms before visiting.
To meet the increasing demand for online information, investing in a well-crafted floor plan for your listing has become essential. In this article, we will explore the compelling reasons why incorporating a floor plan can greatly enhance your property marketing efforts, backed by concrete statistics.
Join us as we uncover the impact of floor plans in engaging potential buyers and maximizing your property’s appeal. Let’s dive in!
Why You Should Include A Floor Plan in Your Listing
You already have a 3D tour in your property listing but there’s still a missing piece. Queue in floor plans to tie everything together and make it complete. With a 3D tour and floor plan, you’re already giving, if not all, most of the information potential tenants need right off the bat.
What can floor plans do for your listings?
Floor Plans Tell a Better Story of the Property
A floor plan is an invaluable tool when it comes to showcasing a property to potential tenants. It helps them visualize living on the property by providing insight into the layout of the interior and exterior spaces.
Floor plans include measurements of rooms and spaces, closets and storage space, decks, balconies, garden areas, or a pool—all at a single glance. This allows people to see how their furniture could fit into the space, and imagine themselves enjoying meals outdoors on the deck or balcony, or lounging by the pool.
Floor plans can also help potential tenants understand how traffic flows throughout the property, allowing for an effortless transition from one area to another. By providing potential tenants with more detailed information about the property and its features, floor plans can help tell the whole story and create a powerful visualization process.
This is particularly valuable for experts in the field, as they can evaluate the property’s layout and potential for renovations or modifications based on the floor plan.
Increase Your Showing Success Rate
When it comes to showcasing a property effectively, outstanding property images and immersive 3D tours are key. Wide-angle photos are commonly used to capture the grandeur of space, but they can sometimes distort and misrepresent the actual layout, leading to disappointment when prospects view the property in person.
To avoid this scenario and ensure accurate expectations, floor plans emerge as a powerful solution. Floor plans offer prospective tenants and investors a comprehensive view of the entire property before they even step inside. They provide a more accurate representation of the space, allowing individuals to understand how each room relates to others and how the overall flow of the unit is structured.
Not only do floor plans benefit prospective tenants and investors, but they also prove invaluable to real estate agents and investors themselves. With detailed floor plans at their disposal, they can make assessments based on precise measurements and compare properties within their portfolio more effectively, enabling them to make informed decisions about the property’s potential.
Stand Out From Competitors
Floor plans featured in listings are immensely popular because they are viewed 7.5 times more frequently than maps of the same area. Adding floor plans also increases the listing’s click-through rate by 52%. This goes to show the significant impact that floor plans can have on attracting potential tenants and investors.
Showcasing floor plans on listings demonstrates that you take pride in giving each property your full effort, and possess expertise regarding marketing strategies and real estate.
Floor Plan Checklist
Ensure you don’t miss any important details when creating your floor plan by using this comprehensive checklist:
- Accurate measurements: One of the main purposes of floor plans is to show the measurements of each room. Measuring accurately can help to determine how much space is available for furniture placement or if it’s enough space for the potential client in general.
- Room labels: Room labels on a floor plan will help prospective tenants gain an understanding of which parts of the property are designated for specific functions, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and dining areas. This can also be useful for indicating other features like closets and bathrooms.
- Furniture layout: Furniture layout helps to show how people can use the space in their new property—it’s an important part of making the property listing inviting and homey. A good furniture layout on a floor plan helps to give potential buyers a good idea of how they can arrange their own furniture in each room. It also gives them visual cues on how to optimize each room’s flow.
- Room flow and traffic pattern: Providing clear pathways enhances the overall experience for potential tenants. Consider the flow of movement within each room and strategically place furniture to ensure comfortable and convenient navigation throughout the unit.
- Outdoor spaces: Floor plans should include outdoor spaces like patios or decks if applicable—these areas can be used to host gatherings, provide extra entertainment value to visitors, or simply add some beauty to the property listing when potential tenants view it online or in person.
- Additional features: Additional features such as fireplaces or built-in shelving should also be noted on a floor plan so that potential tenants get a better understanding of what special details come with the particular property listing.
Improve Your Listings With Floor Plans
In the end, tenants prefer listings with 3D tours and floor plans because they give them all the information they want to make their decision-making process a lot easier. In addition, it saves them (and you) time and effort by eliminating properties to view before actually setting an appointment.
It doesn’t take too much to add a floor plan (and a 3D tour) to your listings, and it’ll benefit both you and your potential tenants. So, every day you delay creating that floor plan, you lose more potential tenants.
Stay tuned for the third part of this series—to see what good 3D tours and floor plans look like.
If you haven’t checked out part 1 of this series, you still have time to go back. We talked all about 3D tours and how they can improve your property listing.
Do you have rental properties in Metro Detroit and need help with management? Contact us today to find out how we can help.